Tag: Vogue India Apocalyptic
Rihanna is on the cover of Vogue Arabia and both she and the magazine have been getting some backlash.
Aside from making some people very unhappy, Rihanna sure looks stunning on the cover of the fashion bible’s issue for the Middle East. Her beauty is unmatched right now and she is killing the fashion and makeup industry with her Fenty brand. But is this just another big name celebrity crossing the cultural appropriation line. “Celebrating Queen Nefertiti, @badgalriri is our November queen of style,” Vogue wrote on Twitter.
“Can someone explain why rihanna was on the cover for vogue arabia,” one fan tweeted. On her cover photo, the magazine dressed Rihanna to pay homage to one of Egypt’s most celebrated historic figures, Queen Nefertiti. Rihanna is clearly a fan of Nefertiti since she has a giant tattoo of her on her torso and while some readers of the magazine are clearly angry, the vast majority of RiRi’s fans are excited to see her paying homage to one of the most famous female icons this world has ever seen.
This is not the first time that Vogue is getting a backlash for featuring a celebrity on the cover of one of its niche issue. Earlier this year, Vogue India featured Kendall Jenner on the cover for its 10-year anniversary issue and that cause a big uproar. “India has given the world so many beautiful faces to admire,” the magazine said in a statement. “After all, we are Vogue, an international brand, and we want to give the love back by featuring some of the best international celebrities on our covers. Occasionally!”
Rihanna has already covered Vogue magazine at least a dozen times and she is widely regarded as one of the most influential forces in fashion of this generation. See what some folks are saying on Twitter below.
Celebrating Queen Nefertiti, @badgalriri is our November queen of style. Photography @gregkadelstudios; Styling @anyaziourova; Makeup @isamayaffrench; Hair @yusefhairnyc. Rihanna wears @gucci. Production @mad_prod #voguearabiaxrihanna #voguearabia
A post shared by Vogue Arabia (@voguearabia) on Oct 27, 2017 at 8:23am PDT
Rihanna got featured on Vogue Arabia = Silence.
Kendall Jenner got featured on Vogue India = Apocalyptic melt down.
— Ahine ? (@sensei_lo) October 27, 2017
can someone explain why rihanna was on the cover for vogue arabia
— ? (@1800memekween) October 27, 2017
Bad idea, seriously.
— Eck-heN-ah-Toh-B ?? (@akhenatobi) October 27, 2017
— Elizabeth King (@ElizabethKing) October 27, 2017
Celebrating Queen NefertitiKendall JennerVogue Arabia SilenceVogue India Apocalyptic
Random Textlyrics https://lyrics.az/diogo-picarra/do-s/erro.html
- NEFFEX – Time Lyrics
- Now United – Lean On Me Lyrics
- Lemon Demon – Stuck Lyrics
- Michael Jackson – Remember The Time (Silky Soul 12″ Mix) Lyrics
- Ice Cube – Givin’ Up the Nappy Dug Out (R Rated Edit) Lyrics
- Katy Perry & Kacey Musgraves – Merry Go ’Round Lyrics
- Migos – Ain’t Nun Lyrics
- Solonely – No Makeup Lyrics
- Jack White – Corporation Lyrics
- Fishboy – Bricks, Part 1 Lyrics
- Jack White – Everything You’ve Ever Learned Lyrics
- Letters To Cleo – Big Star Lyrics
- Night Lovell – A Lot Lyrics (feat. Lindasson & Ftg Reggie)
- Emotional Oranges – Bonafide Lyrics (feat. Chiiild)
- Jaya – Anyone Can See Lyrics
- ZAYN – Unfuckwitable Lyrics
- Ashnikko – Little Boy Lyrics
- Ashnikko – L8r Boi Lyrics
- Ashnikko – Drunk With My Friends Lyrics
- Night Lovell, Lindasson & FTG Reggie – A Lot Lyrics