Post Malone don’t want to be called a rapper anymore but he still wants you to listen to his raps.
The “Rockstar” rapper got some heat on Twitter this week after making the statement during an interview with GQ. Post Malone spoke about his struggles being a white rapper in the music industry, which might have influenced him to making the statement on not wanting to be labeled a rapper anymore. Nevertheless, he currently has the No. 3 song on Billboard Hot 100.
“I definitely feel like there’s a struggle being a white rapper,” Post Malone said. “But I don’t want to be a rapper. I just want to be a person that makes music. I make music that I like and I think that kicks ass, that I think the people who f**k with me as a person and as an artist will like.”
That statement triggered a backlash on Twitter and some fans told him directly to just quit hip hop all entirely and make another genre of music. Some folks sees it as a double standard where he wants to not be labeled as a rapper but at the same time he puts out a tone of new music that’s hardcore rap. So the main takaway here is that he can’t have it both ways, although some fans can be a bit too critical of artists on social media.
post malone – doesn’t wanna be called a rapper
post malone – raps, raps over typically rap beats, features rappers, uses slang and accents popular in rap music
“guys it’s been so hard for me don’t box me in”
— thatgweilo (@grimskeeter) January 26, 2018
He could’ve done alternative rock, tanked, & realized he was wack. Instead, he chose rap since white, hip hop audiences have a penchant for going crazy over mediocre, European-American rappers.
— X (@XLNB) January 26, 2018
A queer Black woman innovated rock n roll in the 1940’s
A Black woman was behind the sugar hill gang who put hip hop on the map in 1979
The Post Malone article doesn’t surprise me. It’s the same erasure of culture that’s been happening since the dawn of modern music. ?????
— |L I Z Z O| (@lizzo) January 27, 2018
If you sit there and try to tell me Meek Mill is trash but you listen to Post Malone im done talking to your simple ass ???
— The Saint Laurent Seal (@josh_vickerson3) January 27, 2018
post Malone too busy featuring in everyone else’s songs he forgot about his album leave him alone so he can drop his damn album please
— Uchiha (@Zyphree_) January 26, 2018
- Listen Migos and Post Malone New Song “Notice Me”
- Post Malone Celebrates Billboard No. 1 By Smashing Guitar
- ‘Rockstar’ Post Malone Stage Dive And No One Caught Him
Billboard HotPost MaloneRelated PostsUchiha Zyphree_ January
Random Textlyrics https://lyrics.az/50-cent/-/many-men.html
- Styles P & Havoc – Fuck Around* lyrics
- Roddy Ricch – Late at Night lyrics
- Roddy Ricch – LIVE FA$T INTRO* lyrics
- Sash! – Nothing New lyrics
- Pressa – Nothing New lyrics
- Roddy Ricch – Nothing New lyrics
- Post Malone – Antisocial** lyrics
- Roddy Ricch – Antisocial** lyrics
- Travis Scott (Travi$ Scott) – I Don’t Know** lyrics
- Roddy Ricch – I Don’t Know** lyrics
- PnB Rock – Fall In Love lyrics
- Roddy Ricch – Fall In Love lyrics
- Roddy Ricch – 100 SHOOTERS** lyrics
- Young Thug – Doggin The Grave** lyrics
- Roddy Ricch – Doggin The Grave** lyrics
- Dallas Dawson – Honeysuckle* lyrics
- Matt Citron – Honeysuckle* lyrics
- Russian courts plan to broadcast on YouTube
- Hasta la vista, baby! The first company from the “Terminators” appeared in Russia
- Consequences of the storm in Sochi