JAY-Z was completely snubbed at the 60th annual Grammy Awards in New York, almost.
Hov, who is one of the most decorated artists in the history of the Grammy, went home empty-handed at this year’s awards. The “4:44” rapper went into the ceremony the Madison Square Gardens with the most nominations, but lost on each of his eight nods to either Kendrick Lamar or Bruno Mars. In fact, K-Dot and Mars almost sweep every category they were nominated in.
Thankfully, the good folks at the Recording Academy recognized JAY-Z’s contribution to music the night before by honoring him with an industry icon award. But that was not enough to appease fans who were very vocal about their discontentment on social media on Sunday night. JAY-Z, whose real name is Shawn Carter, was this year’s Salute to Industry Icons honoree. The rap legend received a tribute performance from Alicia Keys and thus received the President’s Merit Award.
“We can pretend that we don’t care, but we really care, ’cause we seen the most incredible artists stand on those stages and we aspire to be that,” the rap mogul said while accepting the award. “So I was like, I have to be here. That is the idea for us to all get involved and to push this thing further. For the people that come before us, it’s our duty. It’s our duty to make sure that, you know, not only are we making the greatest art, that we upholding and supporting the things that’s super real. I’m super humble, and I’m super appreciative of the Academy and everybody here tonight.”
During her performance, Alicia Keys belted out some vocals to her collaboration with JAY-Z, “Empire State of Mind,” before performing some of his classics including “Dead President II” and “Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem).” Jay also turned down a chance to perform at the Grammy’s as if he had an idea that he would be snubbed in the end. Nevertheless, it was a bit embarrassing to watch Kendrick Lamar, Bruno Mars, Childish Gambino, and others accept one after another Grammy and Hov just sitting there.
- JAY-Z Talks #MeToo & Trump “Shithole” Comment With Van Jones
- JAY-Z Will Not Be Performing At 2018 Grammy’s Despite Reports
- JAY-Z Trademark Jaybo From “The Story Of O.J.” Video
Alicia KeysBruno MarsKendrick LamarRelated Posts
Random Textlyrics https://lyrics.az/elderbrook/-/difficult-to-love.html
- Young Thug – Terrorist Lyrics
- Lil Reese – Circle Tight Lyrics
- MadeinTYO – TAKE ME BACK ON THE HIGHWAY Lyrics
- Young Chop – Together Lyrics
- Lil Tracy – I Could Fuck All My Exes Lyrics
- Sevyn Streeter – I Owe You Lyrics
- Bob Marley & the Wailers – Rat Race (Live) Lyrics
- Jason Derulo – Holler Holler Lyrics
- Tory Lanez – Hate Freestyle Lyrics
- Pentatonix – The Sound of Silence Lyrics
- Montana of 300 – Envy Me (Remix) Lyrics
- Sydney Renae – So, We Done? Lyrics
- Chris Travis – She Wanna Smoke Lyrics
- Avril Lavigne – Love Me Insane Lyrics
- Luke Christopher – NEVER TOO SCARED Lyrics
- Queen – Jailhouse Rock – Live Lyrics
- Yung Bleu – Gangsta Music Lyrics
- Queen – Love Of My Life – Live Lyrics
- gnash – Imagine if (Remix) Lyrics
- PnB Rock – Right Now (2019) Lyrics