Chronixx has been having a phenomenal year and he just picked up another accolade.
The “Likes” singer gets honored with the Prime Minister’s youth award for his work in arts and culture. He was among 24 young Jamaican who got honored across eleven categories as part of the Jamaica 55 celebration on Wednesday of this week. The government also honored 55 youths for their work in youth services across the island. Ravers Clavers dance group member Chevoy “Kool Ravers” Grant was also honored in the same category as the reggae star.
Chronixx has seen a surged in popularity this year thanks to his consistency in putting out positive music. He is also fresh off a Grammy nomination for Best Reggae Album and a hugely successful Caribbean leg of his Chronology tour where he performed at sold out shows in Jamaica and Trinidad.
Prime Minister’s National Youth Awards for Excellence was established in 1998 with the goal to recognize young Jamaicans between the age of 15 and 29 who have contribute to various aspects of the society. Since 1998, a total of 189 Jamaican have received the PM Award.
- McFly – Party Girl
- Eurythmics – Don’t Ask Me Why
- The Smiths – Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before
- Tinashe – No Drama (feat. Offset)
- Black Milk – Laugh Now Cry Later
- Declan McKenna – Listen To Your Friends (Live Footage Video)
- Cdot Honcho – So Long
- XXXTentacion Claims He Is A Better Rapper Than Tupac
- Migos Rapper Offset Says Sorry For Homophobic Lyrics
- Cardi B Blast Fan Who Criticize Offset Amidst Backlash
- Demarco Is “Comfortable” With His New Hit Single
- Tommy Lee Sparta’s “New Creator” EP Debuts In Billboard Top 10
- Troye Sivan – The Good Side
- Rapper Tay-K’s Hit “The Race” Now Certified Platinum
- Migos Says “Culture 2” Will Be The Biggest Rap Album Of 2018
- Kodak Black Arrested In Florida On Seven Felony Charges
- A$AP Ferg & DJ Premier – Our Streets (On TRL) (Live)
- O.T. Genasis – Too Blessed
- MoneyBagg Yo – Questions
- Famous Dex – Pick It Up (feat. A$AP Rocky)